Wednesday, October 31, 2012

THE VOYAGE OF EVERY HUMAN BEING


I  Onuigwe Chidi Sirnoel, just walked into my house few minutes ago from a place where we went to say farewell to a very old person. When I was there and was seeing all that was been done; I was wondering what one has to gain from this the toils of this world. It dawned on me that one day I (we all) shall fade away like stars of the morning. When I (we all) shall lose the light of the glorious sun, thus I (we all) would have passed from this wonderful earth and its toiling only then shall people around me (us) who are alive remember me (us) by what I (we) have done.
I was meditating when the song FADING AWAY (SSS 798) was being sung. Therefore I was asking myself what I am really doing here on earth. What are my friends doing here on earth? Then these questions from the song were going on inside of me. Shall I (we) be missed by others that will succeed me (us)?  What is that that I have sown in springtime that they would reap? When I (we) the sower(s) must have passed away, what kind of fruit will I (we) live behind for my (our) children and those coming after me (us)? Shall I (you) be missed? Shall those alive say “praise God this evil has gone?” shall I (you) be missed? Many families today are doing “family deliverance.” Others are doing “breaking of curses.”  Why because someone lived his/her life sowing evil seed that has kept his/her children in a perpetual bondage.
Only the truth that in life I (we) have spoken will live here long after I (we) gone. The cars I (we) was able to buy, the house I (we) built, the fashionable shoes and dresses that filled my (our) wardrobe and the kind of high “profile” parties I (we) organized and attended will make no meaning. (NOTE: I AM NOT SAYING THAT THESE THINGS ARE WRONG). But what will be left for my (our) children and those after me (us) to harvest are the fruit of what I (we) have done.
Friends don’t you know that the ills in Nigeria and other African countries are caused by the carelessness of our past leaders. Friends these our leader of the past never thought of tomorrow. They lived their lives as if there is no future. Those who messed up Nigeria’s economy in the 80s & 90s never thought about you and I and our unborn children. Friends what are you doing with the life you have now? Friends we always talk about how our forefathers sold us for nothing. We always blame our past leaders but we are doing worst than they have done. Today all we talk about Nelson Mandela; he is the symbol of good leadership. He is being praised and celebrated in all the events of life, all because he sowed a good seed.
Finally friends, when the Savior shall make (wake) up His jewels, when the bright crowns of rejoicing are won. Then all those who have lived their lives with tomorrow and eternity in their mind will be remembered by what they have done. What will be your stand? Friends our lives do not end here. Friends our lives continue long after we live this place. If you close your eyes now in death where will you find yourself?
Death is the voyage of every one of us. Jesus Christ died for us to be remembered both on earth and in eternity. You have a better opportunity now to make up with him if you have not, and if you have please share this with your friends so that they can made amend where necessary.
I love you dearly… but never forget that DEATH is THE VOYAGE OF EVERY HUMAN BEING and you will only be remembered by what you have done, here and in life to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment